Microsoft Excel recovery software
How to repair a corrupt Excel file
Recovery Toolbox for Excel
Recovery Toolbox for Excel helps to repair corrupted XLSX Microsoft Excel file.
How to recover an Excel file
The instruction for the recovery of damaged Microsoft Excel worksheets on Windows PC:
- Download Recovery Toolbox for Excel from here: https://recoverytoolbox.com/download/RecoveryToolboxForExcelInstall.exe
- Install Recovery Toolbox for Excel on your computer
- Run Recovery Toolbox for Excel
- Select a corrupt MS Excel file on the first page of the tool
- Click Analyze
- Preview the contents of the worksheets and cells from the Excel file
- Click the Start recovery button and save the recovered content (available only in the full version of Recovery Toolbox for Excel) by selecting:
- Export to Excel – if you want export the data to new workbook
- Save to file – if you want to save the data to a new *.xlsx file
Microsoft Excel Recovery tool
Recovery Toolbox for Excel was developed for recovering corrupted Microsoft Excel files.
Key features of Microsoft Excel recovery software:
- Fixing all types of Excel files: *.xls, *.xlt, *.xlsx, *.xlsm, *.xltm, *.xltx and *.xlam extension
- Recovers table styles, fonts, worksheets, workbook cell data
- Repairing number formats (except colors that are used in a number format)
- Fix the column width and row height values in a sheet
- Repair all types of formulas, including functions, internal, external, and name references
- Repair cell formatting values (font, number format, line style, fill pattern, text orientation and alignment)
- Restore cell colors and border colors
- Read and repair .XLS files of MS Office 98, 2000, 2003, XP
- Open and recover .XLSX files of MS Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019
- Saving directly to Excel or a new .XLSX file (in this case, a copy of Microsoft Excel installed on the user's computer is not required)
- Export data into new Excel document directly
- XLSX Viewer Tool
- Identifies and displays the contents of a damaged Microsoft Excel file
- Displays the corrupted Excel file
Reasons for XLS/XLSX file corruption:
- Virus injection
- Incorrect antivirus cleaning of files (True-False detection)
- Hardware failures
- Power shortages
- USB device is incorrect, unplug
- Microsoft Excel bugs
- Incorrectly working third-party tools with Excel data files
- and others …
How to recover damaged xlsx file of Microsoft Excel
Please note that in spite of being one of the most sophisticated Microsoft Excel recovery tools on today’s market, Recovery Toolbox for Excel cannot repair the following values or properties of a spreadsheet:
- print settings
- conditional formatting
- data validity
- range, worksheet, and workbook protection
- Asian phonetic blocks
- calculation settings
- sorting settings
- included objects, such as pictures, diagrams, notes, and other
- merged cells
- VBA macros
- password-protected files
How to See the Contents of XLSX files, Even Without MS Excel Installation
Do the following if you need to open a file of MS Excel format, without the software installation.
- Download Recovery Toolbox for Excel from the developer’s website using this link: https://recoverytoolbox.com/download/RecoveryToolboxForExcelInstall.exe
- Install the program by double-clicking on the downloaded file
- Launch the software, using the shortcut, created on the desktop at installation
- Choose the needed file of XLSX format
- Start the processing of selected XLSX file
- After its end, Recovery Toolbox for Excel starts the mode of previewing that allows to see the contents of the selected XSLX file
- If you need to save data, register the program, it requires payment, starting from $27
Besides undamaged files, the program allows opening for preview corrupted documents, unopenable normally.
Recovery Toolbox for Excel software allows opening XLSX files of any Microsoft Excel version (2007/2010/2013/2016/2019) and previewing contents of XLSX documents, without a possibility to save data in demo version. Doing so, Recovery Toolbox for Excel may work with either corrupted or undamaged XLSX files.
The presence of Microsoft Excel is not required. Previewing of XLSX files is performed from Recovery Toolbox for Excel directly. Of course, it limits visualization capabilities, for example, it does not execute macros. The registered version removes all limitations and allows to save recovered data into a new XLSX file.
Here is a brief instruction about how to open XLSX files:
- In the very beginning, need to get the tool, it can be done using the description page: https://excel.recoverytoolbox.com/
- Install and launch Recovery Toolbox for Excel
- Choose a XLSX file of any version
- Click the button Next to open the XLSX file for preview
- At the second stage, Recovery Toolbox for Excel suggests previewing the contents of selected XLSX document
Free XLSX File Viewer
Recovery Toolbox for Excel is very convenient to use it for viewing the contents of an XLSX/XLS Microsoft Excel file—a corrupted, standard, or both Excel file. The tool can work as a viewer for XLSX files, even if you don't have Excel or Office installed. The tool allows you to open and view any XLSX files for an unlimited number of times.
There is a full preview of Excel spreadsheets in Recovery Toolbox for Excel, and it's similar to how it is implemented in Microsoft Office. The tool opens XLSX files for viewing, even if they are damaged. Plus, it's free for an unlimited number of times.
How to Open a Corrupted XLSX File for Free
How to Restore an Excel Project
- Download, install, and run the DEMO version of Recovery Toolbox for Excel.
- Select a damaged .xlsx file.
- Run the analysis of the damaged XLSX file.
- Examine the recovered Excel spreadsheet on the preview page.
- Export recovered data to a new Excel file - available in the full version.
How to Fix an Excel File
- Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 or Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 and above
To disable the update request you should uncheck the corresponding option before doing data export in Microsoft Excel:
- Run Microsoft Excel.
- On the main menu select Tools | Options.
- On the Edit tab uncheck the Ask to update automatic links option.
Free XLSX Viewer is the feature of the Recovery Toolbox for Excel. Just select any .xlsx file on the first page of the tool and view the content of the .xlsx file on the second page of the tool even if Microsoft Excel is not installed on the computer.
You can select any .xlsx file on the first page of the Recovery Toolbox for Excel. Afterward, the tool will open the XLSX file and display the content of the.XLSX file on the second page without using Microsoft Excel.
Please select a damaged Microsoft Excel file on first page of repair wizard in Recovery Toolbox for Excel:
Customer's reviews and ratings